Thursday, October 23, 2008
Freaked out!
So I freaked out this morning. Ya'll know I booked a flight for Maggie and myself for Christmas. The reason I booked it through United is because they allow dogs as checked baggage and they don't have restrictions for cold weather (or so I thought, b/c their website didn't say anything about cold restricitions). Yesterday just to make sure, I e-mailed their customer service to ask. This morning I read the reply that they do not allow dogs to fly below 45 degrees. What!?! I wish I would have known this, or I wouldn't have booked it. So all morning I was freaked out and sad that all of my well laid plans were going to waste. Was I going to have to book a different flight or cancel the one I already had? I tried calling customer service and got some chick in India that didn't understand what I was saying and told me that the ticket counter agent is the only one who can make the determination on whether to allow the dog on the flight. At lunch time, I decided to take action. I trucked out to Sky Harbor Airport to ask. The lady at the ticket counter was so nice and helpful. They said they had never turned a dog away for cold and they didn't even know about the cold restriction! (It is actually a blanket restriction through the FAA, I looked it up.) I don't think I'll have any problems, but I have a friend on standby just in case they say she can't fly with me when I get to the airport. I'm very relieved and thankful. I hope I get that same ticket agent in December!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment